Re: FC4 compatability with Intel Dual Core Processors

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Steven Stromer wrote:

Has anyone any experience with installation of FC4 over an Intel dual core processor, as offered in the Dell PowerEdge 830? I understand that Red Hat has added support for Intel dual core processors in RH Enterprise 4, but there seems to be no documentation for Fedora. More that just the kernel experience, are there any known problems with any LAMP components in this proposed environ that I should be considering?

Dual-core amd processors work fine with fc4. The initially installed kernel looks a little dated at this point. I have no reason to expect that dual-core intels wouldn't as well since the supporting chipsets aren't really any different.

By any different. I mean than existing intel chipsets, it's still the intel 955 (for single socket boards) and the 7510/7520 for dual socket xeons

Thanks for any advice!

Steven Stromer

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx