Re: NUT Server not Starting

Chris Spencer wrote:
After I installed the nut package (Network UPS Tools) I noticed that upsd isn't properly managed by system-config-services. Checking it won't start the daemon at boot time, and it's incapable of starting the deamon. Is this the appropriate behavior or is my configuration corrupted in some way?

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but when starting upsd manually, you have to first start all the drivers by running "upsdrvctl start". Without first running that, upsd won't be able to talk to any machines and will essentially be useless.

Chris

I sympathize with your problem as I had the same with nut[s],I solved mine by taking my ups back to the retailer got my money back (software not suitable for OS) bought an APC ups,installed 'apcupsd -rpm' ran first test, have not had any trouble since.(mini rant Sorry)

  david