Re: unexpected DNS look ups being logged

Tim wrote:

> I know that.  As I said, named.  What the logs don't show is what
> application is involved with named.  But the process of elimination,
> points the finger squarely at evolution (as I said).  Leading back to my

> Nov 12 18:14:07 mongrel named[1415]: FORMERR resolving 'education-russia.com/AAAA/IN': 68.105.15.143#53

Maybe it's an idea to bust out tcpdump

tcpdump -s0 -X port 53

and see what is happening when it attempts the lookup.

Perhaps these guys are sending HTML mails with IMG tags or IFRAMEs with
URLs involving education-russia, hence the attempt to resolve?

Or IIRC evolution uses spamd/spamassassin?  It may well be doing
'research' on its own to assess the spamfulness of the email.

-Andy