Re: unexpected DNS look ups being logged

--On Monday, November 14, 2005 9:03 AM +1030 Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see things reported in logwatch that I don't expect.  For instance,
named reports resolving addresses that are part of spams I'm receiving.

Logwatch is supposed to tell you what's unusual in your logs. The next step is to look at the raw logs and find out where they're coming from. Grep the /var/log directory for the log line to see what files it's in, and then inspect those files for details.