Re: agpgart module and Livna ATI driver [Solved]

On Fri November 11 2005 11:11 am, Claude Jones wrote:

> Thanks, Markku: I just checked my xorg.conf files on both machines. That
> option is not included in either file. Are you suggesting I add it?
>
> In any event, it doesn't seem to lead to a solution of why the routine that
> checks for the presence of a current fglrx on one machine is working, and
> on the other, it is not. I guess my quest continues.

In some late-night troubleshooting frenzy, I theorize, I had disabled the
ATI-fglrx driver. I discovered the command:

/usr/sbin/ati-fglrx-config-display

running it produces:
[cj@viewridgeproductions2 ~]$ /usr/sbin/ati-fglrx-config-display
Usage: ati-fglrx-config-display enable|disable

running it again with the enable option starts the fglrx driver
All is now working -

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA