agpgart module and Livna ATI driver

I've been puzzling over an issue that wasn't ultra-priority, but has become an
annoyance. I've referred before to an issue with the ATI driver from Livna,
where I couldn't figure out a way of telling whether it was active or not.
There's supposed to be a point in the boot up where there's a probe for the
fglrx driver, and depending on whether its current or not, the driver gets
loaded. That query works perfectly on one of my FC4 machines and never
appears on another. In reading the doc pages for fglrx last night, I discover
that the kernel module agpgart does not appear on my system - i.e.

[root@viewridgeproductions2 cj]# lspci | grep AGP
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82865G/PE/P PCI to AGP Controller (rev
02)

[root@viewridgeproductions2 cj]# ls /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/char/agp
ls: /lib/modules/2.6.14-1.1637_FC4/kernel/drivers/char/agp: No such file or
directory

I'm not sure where to go with this. Is this kernel-module something I have to
install separately? I've just ssh'ed into my machine at work, the one I think
is loading the ATI Livna driver properly, and conducting the query properly
at boot, and it doesn't have the driver/directory listed in the above
command, either! (I say that I think it's loading properly, because the query
appears, the answer is positive, and the message indicates success) So, now
I'm not sure where to proceed.
Let me add that I've been addtitionally puzzled by the behavior of the GUI
window for the ATI-fglrx settings - on this machine I'm typing on, now, that
window is active. Even though I'm running the newest kernel, for which no
updated Livna component is yet available, if I move the color sliders back
and forth, it definitely controls my screen colors. I'd thought previously
that this would be a test of whether the Livna ATI driver was loaded or not,
but, this is obviously not the case.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA