Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, David Abbott wrote:

Thanks for all the tips.
I'm looking forward to getting home to have another crack at it.
Please be assured that I have tried the basic:

A. Download the drivers.
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-7676/NVIDIA-Linux-
x86-1.0-7676-pkg1.run
B. init 3.
C. Execute the installation script.
D. Edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Under section Device, Replace 'Driver "nv"' with 'Driver "nvidia"'
E. init 5.

Tonight I think that I will try a full:
yum update to get everything up to the latest.
Although this will send me to kernel 2.6.13
which haven't people had trouble getting the Nvidia drivers to work on?

None whatsoever here, using the LIVNA RPMs.

its a 500mb install and I don't want to do it unless it is going to help.
You have given me a few more things to try so thanks and hopefully tonight I
will have some luck.
Christopher your post was rich in content and I look forward to trying your
install method as well.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences