Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

Kenneth Porter wrote:

--On Monday, November 07, 2005 2:27 PM -0600 Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Very possibly.  The thing is, if Amarok uses MySQL, I am betting big
that according to the FC distro comps.xml file, Amarok uses MySQL 3.x.
When you updated, yum just did its best to get you up to date according
the comps.xml file.

Does yum downgrade packages? I've installed RPMs with a higher version than what's available from my configured repos (typically packages I've built myself), and haven't seen yum try to replace them with down-level packages.

No. It doesnt downgrade packages

regards
Rahul