Re: FC3 daily yum.cron reports repomd.xml broken, how to repair and prevent?

From: "Rhesa Rozendaal" <perl@xxxxxxxxx>

> /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:
> //var/cache/yum/base/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

> How the hell did that happen, and what should I do to prevent it from
> happening again, and what should I do to repair it?

do :

# yum clean all

Repeat every time before u use yum update.

This is a known error that many users have. Although fedora dont think it is
at there side but at our side (users).
So keep coming with such reports to convience redhat fedora team that this
is a serious problem.
At some point you cant use yum at all. I have test several things (disabling
failed repo's one by one) and ends up with not enabled repo's at all.

So try many times.. suddely it works just for 1 time.

Danny.