FC4 installation question

Greetings!

	I'm trying to install FC4 on a new box I'll be dual booting with
Windows XP.  I have already used the installation CDs to successfully
install FC4 on my older computer.
	The new box is a Pentium 4 with a DVD drive.  I have used this drive in
working with the Windows XP that is already installed on the machine and
it seems to handle CDs without problems.
	Soon after booting with the first FC4 CD and choosing a graphical
installation I get the error message: "Kernel panic -- not syncing:
attempted to kill init!"  (Linux is anything if not dramatic.)  The
system hangs and I have to power it down to do a restart.  I've tried
entering "linux noprobe", "linux skipddc" and "linux text" at that first
prompt but they all give the same result.
	I'm not sure where to go from here.  Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

Jerry