Re: LP->CD?

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 05:55:22AM -0400, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> Me too.  Thanks

There are numerous apps around for recording from your sound card's
line inputs. There's bound to be at least one in fedora (right now
I can't think of names).

When recording from LP you'll probably want to do something about the
various kinds of imperfections (pops/ticks/clicks/rumble) inherent in the
medium. Two tools that contain filters or other ways of dealing with such
flaws are "gramophile" and "gwc" (Gnome Wave Cleaner). Gramophile is a
text app, somewhat old but the filtering is fairly sophisticated.

Another cool tool you may find useful is "audacity", which can do all
sorts of transformations for you.

Once you've cleaned the audio and created a .wav file, you can burn to
CD using your favorite CD burning tool (K3B, x-cd roast, whatever).

Fred