Re: Failed mounts

On Wed October 19 2005 10:09 am, Stuart Sears wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> >  Failed mounts:
> >     .directory          Program Lookup Failure 1 Time(s)
> >     misc                Mount Failure 1 Time(s)
> >     net                 Mount Failure 1 Time(s)
>
> looks like autofs trouble to me
> are you using the system autmounter?

The service is on - I'm not sure if I'm 'using' it or not. I was waiting to
reply till I researched this some more. There's two areas where I thought I
'might' be using it - I have the NTFS kernel-module installed so I can read
my NTFS drive; I frequently connect/disconnect flash drives and an external
USB fat formatted 80gb drive - are these two file systems being automounted
by autofs?

> if not, try
> chkconfig autofs off
> service autofs stop
>
> and see if the logs still have those messages in them the next day

If I turn autofs off, I'm trying to understand what this might imply for
accessing the above mentioned file systems...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA