Re: Thunderbird Date Format

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 10/17/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This comment doesn't just fit for Thunderbird but for Linux in general.

I prefer ISO date format under US or Canadian English as a system wide
default.  It would be nice to do this without having to jump through a
bunch of hoops to achieve it.

It would be nice to have a choice in data/time setting or language
settings similar to what is in (yech) Windows.  Something that would
allow setting the date format and choosing the time display format.

I tried mucking around in the date format settings but didn't get any
success.

Robin Laing

I don't think that would be linux-specific, rather KDE (or Gnome)
specific. Linux handles dates only as unix timestamps, no?

Dotan
http://technology-sleuth.com/index.php

I want the CLI date command to display the result in ISO format. This is before Gnome or KDE. Thus system wide changes.

If I type in date, I get this.

Wed Oct 19 08:30:31 MDT 2005

I would be happy with "Wed 2005-Oct-19 08:30:31 MDT" or any format with a Y-M-D format.

You are correct that it is only a time stamp but it is in the language on how it is displayed. I have played with the locale settings in the past with no success.

It would be nice if there was a simple point and click or command line to change the format of just the date, or whatever. Some program that allows easy changing of LC_TIME. I would like to stick with en_US.utf8.

I will have to find some time and look into it again as I was still using RH8 the last time I looked.

--
Robin Laing