Re: DVD doesn't mount, but writing works fine.

Kim Lux wrote:
I am able to read the CDROM drive about 25% of the time.   Very
frustrating.  There have been CDROM access issues in Fedora since FC2.
It is about time this got fixed.
I tried adding "hdc=ide-scsi" to the kernel boot line in grub.conf.
That makes the device /dev/scd0 rather that /media/cdrecorder.  I now
can't access a CDROM without trying 8 times.