Re: mp3 on fc4

Richard E Miles wrote:

What does your livna repository look like. It seem the GPG permissions
may be missing. My livna repository looks like this:
[livna]
name=Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
enabled=1

Sometimes the yum repository file will not pass the GPG check. In that case
put gpgcheck=0 in your repository.

I thought the idea of GPG check was to ensure validity of the package. Not a secure idea to turn it off.

I have had some packages download and fail but work the next time.

Also, for new users, I think yumex (from extras) is a great tool. I have yet to work with smart much.

--
Robin Laing