Re: Yum problem

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 16:52 -0600, Glenn Farrow wrote:
> I installed a server installation of FC4 a few days back (no X).
> Everything went fine except "yum" won't work.  If I turn on debugging
> in yum I get a of "network unreachable" errors for each mirror when
> yum attempts to download the repomd.xml file.

Try adding this into "/etc/yum.conf":  timeout=16

YUM on FC4 seems to be impatient with servers that work fine with YUM on
FC3 on the same hardware, same network, etc., likewise about your
observation of accessing the server without using YUM.

Even then, it often times out during downloading some files.

I read messages from the public lists.