Re: Using ATI Radeon 7000

Zubin Bharucha wrote:
I installed the ATI Radeon drivers using

yum install ati-fglrx kernel-module-fglrx-$(uname -r)

However, when I run "glxgears" I see no acceleration.

According to this page:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=300

(under Product Features)

only the Radeon 8500 and later are supported by the proprietary ATI driver (fglrx). The open source radeon driver provided with X.Org should give you the 3D acceleration that you want. Just try using the

Option "DRI"

like this (edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf):

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "ATI"
        BoardName   "Radeon 7000"
EndSection

Then you might want to look into the DRI configuration app:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriConf

Thanks,
Zubin

HTH,