Re: Good DVD Player

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:54:06 +0300, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

Amadeus W. M. wrote:

< snip >

In general, any package depends on a number of libraries, and rpm checks
if those dependencies are installed, but does not install them.

You need to use yum.
yum install vlc

Well  i have never tried that before . I have a 56K dialup connection so
i prefer to download one rpm at a time instead of using yum ( if for example
i try to update my system and yum chooses to download a kernel source for
example , then i am doomed ... ) . Anyway i will try that now  thanks

will install vlc AND dependencies.

Kind Regards,
   Kostas