Re: fstab-sync wipes out /etc/fstab

oleksandr korneta wrote:
on 10/16/2005 08:37 AM Tim wrote:

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 06:47 -0500, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

2. fstab-sync has configuration files that control what it does to
lines it manages.

Is there anything that describes how that works *coherently*?  I got
sick of some things being mounted with stupid names, but it'd insist on
keeping on doing it.  e.g. A system with DVD-ROM and CD burner getting
them mounted as CDROM 1 & 2 (and I can never remember which it thinks is
which).

I agree here. And more than that, all stuff is kept being mounted into
/media deirectory despite the fact that by the unix-way there is a /mnt
directory intended for this. So if there is any config file which
allowes me to fix that, please point me to it, i'm going to put the
things in my way immediately

Would you believe /etc/fstab?

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
 universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.