Re: RAID setup on Fedora 3.8

Khaled wrote:
Hello,

I need to find out further information about the RAID setup on a backup
server running Fedora 3.8; unfortunately the person who set up the system is
no longer available. Can anyone help me with RAID in regards to Fedora, i.e.
commands/files with more information on the RAID setup, and anything else
anyone may think to be useful.

I am trying to determine whether the system has hardware/software RAID, what
level is setup,  and hopefully configure RAID in the future.

So any help is appreciated.

Kindly,

Khaled

Kind of hard to determine without more information, but if the output of your mount command shows filesystems such as /dev/md0, that's a software RAID. If they are something like /dev/cciss/c0d0p0 or /dev/rd/c0d0p0 they are a hardware internal SCSI RAID. I'm not sure how IDE/ATA RAID controllers show up.

-Mike