Re: Why wont this script run??

Ben Stringer wrote:
On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 08:43 +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:

Ok i ran a dos2unix on the file, and that fixed it (my path to bash was

Great.

ok). However now it only kills apache when i do a restart, it does never print out "Starting httpd" when running a restart, although if i run start it works???

Someone else suggested a sleep between the stop and start.

Tried it, did not work.

Ok i agree on reinstalling apache, but how can i do this, and will it owerwrite my httpd.conf?

Depends on the RPM command you use. I think there is a freshen option,
but if it was my system, I'd backup the files I cared about, then remove
and re-install apache.

So I'd suggest:

cp /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf $HOME/saved_httpd.conf
cp **ANYTHING ELSE YOU CHANGED** **SOMEWHERE SAFE**
rpm -e httpd
yum install httpd

Then put back the files you backed up.

Please don't try any of this if you are not confident with backing up
any of your apache content or configuration.

Cheers, Ben

Ok, all dependencies got removed just fine, but when it came to the actual httpd i got this error:

service httpd does not support chkconfig
error: %preun(httpd-2.0.54-10.2.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

GREAT!! So because my httpd script is fucked up, i cant even remove it?? Any ideas?

/Søren