Re: Program to check for presense of CD?

I was needing to know if there's a CD in a drive so that I could
attempt to mount it if something was in there. The scsi utility I was
using on OpenBSD would query the drive at a low level, and would
report back if it found media in the drive. For now, I will just
attempt to run "mount /dev/cdrom" -- its exit value tells me if it was
successful in mounting a CD, and that seems to work just fine. The
automount service wasn't working for me, and I don't have the time to
fiddle with it to figure out why not.

Patrick