Re: Repost: Yum broken. Reports "No module name rpm"

At 9:51 PM +1300 10/12/05, Cameron Beattie wrote:
>Yum seems to have become corrupted in the process of upgrading to FC4.
>
>yum info
>There was a problem importing one of the Python modules required to run yum.
>The error leading to this problem was:
>   No module named rpm
>Please install a package which provides this module, or verify that the
>module is installed correctly.
>It's possible that the above module doesn't match the current version of
>Python, which is:
>2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)
>[GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)]
>
>python
>import rpm
>ImportError: No module named rpm
>
>rpm -q python
>python-2.4.1-2
>
>rpm -q rpm
>rpm-4.3.2-21
>
>rpm -q rpm-python
>rpm-python-4.3.2-21
>
>Could anyone suggest the best way to resolve this?

Well, you could try getting the yum rpm (you may have it in a cache
already, but I'd just download it from Fedora Downloads) and installing it
via rpm.  Hopefully rpm will complain about a missing dependency and you
can then try to get that one, and so on until you have success with the
first rpm (you are now entering rpm hell).