Re: Fedora / Windows Boot.

rowens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I just install FC4 on a system with two Hard drives. I followed the GUI interface and it told me installation complete. Reboot.

It reboots directly to Windows XP. How do I get it to load linux or prompt me for an OS.

Well, there's not quite enough information properly to help.

You could use the technique I use to manage my multi-boot
system. I let Windows XP manage the boot for me. When my
machine, the XP boot manager comes up, and allows me to
select either Linux or a few varieties of XP boot. It
defaults to Linux in 30 secs. If Linux gets selected, then
GRUB runs, and allows me to select one of several Linux
kernels to boot.

I know that there are some around here who would argue
against this, but I find that the XP boot manager is
a very reasonable one. And XP and GRUB don't quite fit
each other. Especially on my machine. For that matter,
Linux and GRUB don't quite fit, but GRUB has some
kludgy little pieces to accomodate Linux, so it works
pretty well.

I find that the kludgy little pieces in GRUB to fit
Windows don't work quite so well for me, so I'm more
or less forced to use the XP boot loader this way.
But I find it quite adequate.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.