Re: FC3 ->FC4 update DHCP problems

Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I've just upgraded my laptop from FC3 to FC4 and all seems fine (the
> isolinux boot failure was fun) apart from the DHCP client.
>
> When I boot up my laptop gets it's IP address/subnet  okay but the
> default gateway, DNS and hostname arn't getting set any more.

For troubleshooting's sake,  you may want to create your own
/etc/dhclient.conf file requiring the information you're apparently not
receiving. If the required information is being supplied, then you
should at least reach the point you're at now. If the required
information is not being supplied then your dhcp client should refrain
from accepting the offered network configuration. In the latter case you
know it's the dhcp server's fault (unlikely if you experience the same
situation with two servers), in the former case you may assume the
subsequent scripts are failing (likely in your case).

Something like

/etc/dhclient-eth0.conf:

interface eth0 {
	require hostname, domain-name-servers, routers;
}

Regards,

	David