Re: What does this message mean when running up2date?

Hello Søren,

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:00:58 +0200 Søren Neigaard <s.neigaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ahem... because i know how to use up2date... ;) Can i use yum to update
> my system with also? I normally only use yum to install new packges
> with. Does yum handel dependencies as well as up2date when updating?

Yes, I only use yum for upgrades and installs as well.

BTW maybe nfs-utils was skipped because its config file was modified (by hand
or from any graphical tool), and would need to be updated from the new
version but it doesn't know how to manage this. Can you find it and check is
there's a backup (unmodified, issues from the installation)? Or maybe you can
force the upgrade and check if the config is still OK?

My 2 cts.

Regards,

--
wwp