Re: what script handles X startup

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 21:14, replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> "startx" starts X. there's generally logging in Xorg.0.log. there may
> also be some in /var/log/messages.

startx started the desktop fine, but at boot the wrong desktop appears (XFCE).
Anyway, I removed all packages associated with XFCE and now I get a chooser
screen again and can select to start KDE.
Problem for me is solved (in a bad way, but it works), but the cause of the
problem is still unknown.

Regards,
Marcel