remove a program compiled from source

Hi folks:

I am working my way through the installation of a QMAIL server following the procedures outlined at QmailRocks.org.  as I was working, I inadvertently mistyped one of the configure strings (in this case for QmailAdmin) and didn’t catch the error till after I had already run the configure and make && make install-strip.  I corrected my config string and reran the config and the make and make install-strip, but I am not sure that that was the right process,  I would like to back out the installation at the point where I messed up and try it again from scratch.  I know that using RPM files you can do an rpm –e and it will remove the offending program, but I don’t know how to do it in this case which is compiled from source.  If anyone can suggest a procedure, and /or point me at a reference, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy

A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3

Jeremiah 29:11