Re: FC4 failed to install on M/B ASUS P5GDC

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Fr, den 07.10.2005 schrieb Barry Yu um 6:40:

FC4 installation failed with ASUS P5GDC Delux with P4 Hyper Threading cpu, during installation a message displayed;

Kenrnel panic notsyncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknow-block(8,3)

And then the installation go further a little with some lines displayed, and then frozen.
When change to FC3 installation, everything goes smooth till the end.
How to work around the FC4 installation?

You tried to install by using a DVD?
Try this workaround: at first install boot enter "foobar" at prompt, get
the complaint about unknown command, then press enter and continue as
normal.

Alexander

Alexander, it works! I used DVD to install.
When I entered the "foobar", I got message displayed "Could not find kernel image: foobar", and I just press enter and continue as normal, everything goes well.
What is the magic?