Re: system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?

Robin Laing wrote:

> They are modeling it on the UNIX style of design which Linux is based
> on.

Yes, I should have said Unix rather than Linux, as the former is the
"father".

> Yes this has been announced and there has been many article posted
> about how the whole Windows design process was broken.

I reckon they now realise that the current OS has so many design flaws
that it'd be easier to build the new OS from ground up, rather than
modify the existing one.

> Now many will say that Windows 95 and Windows XP are types of beta
> programs and from my experiences, I would agree.  Now Vista is a major
> re-write and this will cause headaches for many.  Software that won't
> run and the costs of upgrading.

XP will be my last Windows OS.

> Of course being a new OS from the ground up will also cause there own
> headaches.  Of course, from what I have read, and it is coming from
> the pro-ms camp, Vista is one of the best program betas that they have
> worked with.
>
> When I can get a Windows OS to run without requiring a reboot at every
> patch and upgrade, I will give it a try.

In my case, I won't be upgrading to Vista.  Windows can be considered a
"deprecated" OS to me now.  Crossover Office allows me to run some
indispensable Windows programs on Linux.  As the number of Linux users
increase, there'll be more programs ported to Linux, so even Crossover
Office might not be a necessity to me anymore, in future.