Re: system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?

國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar) wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:

Of course. 40,000 viruses can't be wrong about windows as the platform
of choice...

Right, but that's besides the point.  Again, I emphasize that I am not
advocating the use of Windoze.  I wouldn't be using Linux if I was
convinced that Windoze was a more secure OS, would I?  I've seen a
couple of reviews on the upcoming Windows Vista, and it seems like
they're modeling it after Linux in some ways.

They are modeling it on the UNIX style of design which Linux is based on. Yes this has been announced and there has been many article posted about how the whole Windows design process was broken.

Now many will say that Windows 95 and Windows XP are types of beta programs and from my experiences, I would agree. Now Vista is a major re-write and this will cause headaches for many. Software that won't run and the costs of upgrading.

Of course being a new OS from the ground up will also cause there own headaches. Of course, from what I have read, and it is coming from the pro-ms camp, Vista is one of the best program betas that they have worked with.

When I can get a Windows OS to run without requiring a reboot at every patch and upgrade, I will give it a try.
--
Robin Laing