Removing Raid from a system

I have 2 drives as RAID0 and I'd like to convert them back to regular
partitions and drives. I've done some limited searching but there is no
definite method that I can find.

I've removed the mount from fstab and should I now issue the command:

        mdadm --stop /dev/md0

then use fdisk on the 2 drives to repartition and then format the
drives?

Should the /etc/mdadm.conf file be removed? Since this was the only RAID
drive are there services etc that I can now stop loading?

TIA