Re: New to LAMP

I am not for a minute claiming that MySQL is not robust, all I am saying - clarifying - is that PostgreSQL has way more features than does MySQL, and its "Oracle like" to some extent as it is unique.

Some highlights in my opinion are:

	- Very nice licensing (BSD)
	- Ability to write store procedures in Perl, Python, Java, PHP etc
	- Runs natively on Windows, and *nix (so does MySQL)
	- Tablespaces support
	- Upcoming version 8.1 has roles
	- A procedural language PL/pgSQL
	- Triggers
	- Very ACID compliant
	- ODBC and JDBC support
	- .NET drivers

All of these features are available now in PostgreSQL and are not quite readily available - some or most of them - in MySQL. Also check out:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/

Which prolly is more accurate.

Cheers,

Aly.