Re: Newbie: opening files form the command line

on 10/04/2005 10:44 PM Tony Nelson wrote:

> On my machine gnome-open of a .txt file opens in gedit.  When I right-click
> on text-containing files in Nautilus, I'm never sure what what will be the
> default choice, but "Text Editor" is always one of the choices.  That is,
> I'm mystified as to how gnome is deciding what to use.

thanks Tony for the hint. Indeed, nautilus manages all that stuff (the
problem is that I'm using rox in favour of it). Right click on the file
--> properties --> open with

it is possible to add custom string with all command line keys I wish,
like
xmms -ep
and similar...

gnome-open apperas to be really sweet tool. Just wondering how I didnt
know about it before

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta