Re: KDM overrides GDM commands; HELP

On 10/3/05, Mirco Scara <mircobeaker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've posted on this topic several times before but unsuccessfully.
The problem consisted in:
After performing a complete upgrade via either yum or apt my login
manager (usually GDM) would appear not to be responding to any settings
given either via command line or graphical setup.
Any chosen Login Manager would be completely ignored and a blue default
screen would appear at every login.
Lately I found out that by removing the KDEBASE package completely the
GDM would reappear to the customized state it was before updates were
installed and all new settings seem to be responding to  my selections.
The only problem is that if I try and install AMAROK which is my
favorite media player KDEBASE would get re-installed and the problem
with the login manager would reappear.
It seems as if KDM (which is part of the kdebase package) is over riding
the GDM configuration and setup.
Is there any other workaround to this that would allow me to have a
customizable gdm/login screen and at the same time Amarok installed?

Thanks

Mirco

Have you edited /etc/sysconfig/desktop and commented out the DISPLAYMANAGER ine?