Re: Captive Environment

Horacio R. Ferrero wrote:

Le mercredi 10 août 2005 à 15:46 -0600, Gary P Carr a écrit :
We would like to set up an account with a limited, captive environment. Basically we want the account to run an application when a user logs into it, and limit the user to only interacting with the application program.

Any ideas, or suggestions about where to look for information on doing something like this?

I haven't the answer to your question but if I try to install FC4 in a
P4 2.8 & Matrox G550 at the momet the installation program passed to
graphics, I see the screen as i were be drunken. All images are
"doubled" and moving the mouses's coursor (under this) the display
changes. My solution was, Install FC3!

Hi!

I believe Matrox was pretty messed up by the GCC4 compilation bug. I left the bug report, but I believe the GCC4 problem and some PCI problem were fixed with later versions of xorg-x11. I don't know for sure though for Matrox.

The crapped out X that is on the install disc does make a very bad first impression though.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.