Re: how to recover deleted files?

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 03:56:35PM +0100, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> Thanks! :-)
>
> at least I knew something about recovery tool but I
> couldn't use that. The recovery tools that comes with
> are commercial and only contained demo version which
> can only show that which files can be recoverd.
> Anyway I got my files recovered in my friends windows
> xp machine.
>
> By the way I am wondering why there is no file
> recovery tools in linux while there are plenty of
> recovery tools available for linux file systems (e2fs,
> e3fs) in windows platform. Linux users don't do any
> mistakes like what I have done?

You used to be able to undelete files using debugfs and midnight
commander. But un-deleting a extxfs file is much harder than normal
Windows file systems. Are there really Windows tools to recover files
from extxfs file systems? Out of ignorance I did not know you could
run Windows on an ext2fs or ext3fs file system. Can you?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484