Re: One more mplayer qyestion

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So I went and installed:
mplayer-1.0.0-0.20050916.1.fc4.ut
mplayer-libs-1.0.0-0.20050916.1.fc4.ut

And this is what happened. When I opened a movie trailer I got by
e-mail I got the sound but not the picture.

Then I went to www.css.com and tried to play their video. An error
message that it could not find Windows media player.

So what do I do now.?

It is funny that on two computers that I installed this weekend, both had the same problem with mplayer. Even from cli. Videos play in xine.

I don't know it is a codec issue of a configuration issue. One thing I did note is that the all-*.* codec file requires a chmod 755 to the final directory. It seemed to fix the issue on one computer but I haven't had a chance to try it on the other computer yet.

--
Robin Laing