Re: Inel Wireless 2915ABG & FC4 on Dell Inspiron 9300

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
| From: Neil Cherry <ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx>

| ... also a tip, use the command perror to find out
| what an error number means. Example:
| | wolfgang(pts/5)$ perror 2
| Error code   2:  No such file or directory

Cute.  I had not known of perror(1) (perror(3) has been around for
perhaps 25 years).

perror(1) is part of the mysql-server package so not all folks have it
installed.

    $ type perror
    perror is /usr/bin/perror
    $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/perror
    mysql-server-4.1.12-2.FC4.1

| You don't use the '-' in front of the number.

Right.  The internal kernel functions tend to use negative errno(3)
values to indicate failure.  These sometimes leak out into messages, as
in this case.  errno(3) values themselves are strictly positve (0
means "no error").

I never knew it was included with mysql. I created one for my
3B1 (yes a long time ago) and I've always had it. It's simple
enough, you're just passing a number to the function perror. :-)

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)