Re: Change default pdf viewer in thunderbird?

Around about 20/09/05 00:05, Orion Poplawski typed ...
I'm running Thunderbird in KDE on FC4. When I open a pdf attachment, I get gsview for some unknown reason. In my Thunderbird preferences I have PDF set to use /usr/bin/acroread, but apparently this is not used. Can someone point me where to go?

Prob. getting the system default (by MIME type) fro PDFs, althoug why that's gsview I don't know! I suffred gpdf being loaded in pref. to acroread till I [mostly] fixed it.

  Check /usr/share/applications/defaults.list

  I have:

application/pdf=AdobeReader.desktop

I don't exactly recall, but there was something that even that didn't fix it for, so I uninstalled gpdf.

Customisation of file types is one of those places where GNOME's unfortunately disappeared up it's own backside :-(

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature