Re: Thunderbird scroll bar size -

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> peter kostov wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 07:50 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>

>>> Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of the scroll bars in
>>> Thunderbird?
>>>
>>> I have a vision problem and it would be a great help if I could make
>>> them about two times larger.
>>>
>>> Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia
>>>

>> I dont know how to do that only for Thunderbird, but I suggest you to
>> try this (on FC3):
>> Go to the Preferences Menu - > Theme - > Then click on 'Theme Details'
>> and select for example 'High Contrast Large Print' in the Controls tab.
>> Another option is to lower a bit the screen resolution.
>>

> Yes, I run FC4 with XFCE and I have tried those things.  I bought a 21"
> monitor and have changed to larger fonts which helps.  I know that in the
> past I have  been able to control the scroll bar size by changing a
> configuration
> file in Netscape and that's what I'm looking for.  I would prefer not
> changing
> resolution.
>
> Thank you for the suggestions.
>
> Bob Goodwin

Bob is right.. I tried using the various themes including large print
themes and all the windows seem to be affected except T-bird. (The same
for Firefox)
In the Large Print Theme the scroll bars are about double but the scroll
bars in T~Bird remain the same.

Bob, Would a color change help? I also have poor vision. I've helped
myself with this issue with using a theme which changes the color of the
scroll bars to something that stands out to me.
I prefer Crux but there are allot more. Even though the scroll bar is a
little small I can still see it purely by the standout color. As for the
rest of the windows the scroll bar is a bit bigger. While T~bird's for
some reason remains skinny. Dunno why,, You may also want to check the
Mozilla Themes site
https://addons.mozilla.org/themes/?application=thunderbird I haven't
checked in a while but there could be something there that might suit
your needs. If not the T~Bird forums might be a good place to start
perhaps someone there knows how to modify a theme to provide larger
scroll bars.

Hope this helps..