Re: Screen Saver Not Funny

dabicho wrote:
On 9/19/05, Tom Lettington <t@xxxxx> wrote:

FC4 has a screen saver that replicates the scrolling text of a system
that has just experienced a kernel panic crash. The first and second
time I saw this I panicked! I almost went into reinstall system
mode, or even worse, start buying new hardware.

I used to joke with some frinds about how would users reacgt to screensavers
like this.

We amused ourselves thinking of the users hitting their LCDs when the
XTeeVee or the XAnalogTV.

The bsod got me a few times though... when I saw unknown (to me) messages

The first time I saw one of these, it looked like a Sun Microsystems
Solaris crash/reboot. I did a real-life double take. How on Earth could
my IBM PC be doing a SUN/SOLARIS reboot? It took probably a second or
two for me to figure it out.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.