Re: Jump Drive

Gary P Carr wrote:
I am running FC2, don't see anything when I plug the drive in.

You need to know which device it's showing up as.  Take a look at the
output of "dmesg" and look for the entries involving that device.  It
will probably look something like this:

usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
SCSI subsystem initialized
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb-storage: device found at 4
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
  Vendor:           Model: USB FLASH DRIVE   Rev: 1.01
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
usb-storage: device scan complete
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: sda1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

If that's the case, it's device "sda" (see last line above).  In my
case, partition 1 is used, so:

	mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cdrom

would make it show up as /mnt/cdrom (I just used /mnt/cdrom as an
example...you could mount it as /mnt/floppy or create your own spot
and mount it there).