Re: upgrading spamassassin

--On Friday, September 02, 2005 9:46 PM -0500 Raymond Norton <admin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a Fedora core 2 server running spamassassin 2.6. I attempted to
install 3.x, but I am getting many missing deps. I did a yum update, but
it says my version is up to date. Is it possible to install 3.0 without
too much trouble?

Funny you ask. I'm about to upgrade my FC2 systems from SA 3.1rc1 to rc2.

You can easily build your own RPM using the tarball from the SA website. Change the ownership of /usr/src/redhat to your favorite non-root user:

chown -R ken.ken /usr/src/redhat

Make sure you have the rpm-build package installed. Then run the command given on the SA download page:

rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.4.tar.gz

You'll now have an RPM under /usr/src/redhat/RPMS.