Re: A really clean text editor

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 21:48 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> for the record - web serving originated with Unix systems and the html
> tags of <P> and <BR> were the only method of breaking paragraphs/lines

Don't forget <pre> as well.

I think the original poster might do well to mention a specific example
on their website.  It shouldn't happen without deliberately being done.

I do see word processors that put strange HTML elements around content,
when saving from the word processor, but cut and paste doing something
problematic is a new one on me.  Unless, they're serving out text/plain.

I read messages from the public lists.