Re: OT: DNS Failover

On 8/31/05, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm curious about how others in the Fedora community are doing DNS
failover.  Specifically I have two sites, one primary (in a large city)
and one secondary (out in the middle of nowhere).  The idea is that we'd
host DNS out of the secondary site to use the web servers in the primary
site.

My question is how are people handling outages at the main site.  If the
primary site burns down or all the servers get stolen or something, is
my only option a manual of the configs to point from one to the other?

RTFM:  http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.6
--
Jiann-Ming Su