Re: Accented characters on FC3

Tim:

>> Shouldn't you be typing the comma then the c, not the apostrophe then
>> the c?

Stéphane Bruno:

> Nope. typing the comma just displays the comma. It is the apostrophe
> that has this special behavior. At least, it worked that way on
> Windows.

Windows is different...

When I was running FC3 (I'm on 4, now), I enabled international
character generation by pressing a meta key (whatever I defined to be
the compose key), then the crude approximation of the accents I wanted
to add to a letter (commas for dangly bits below, apostrophes for
ascending accents, etc), then the letter.  Similarly, to get the æ
ligature, I'd hit the compose key, then a, then e, and I'd get the
ligature.

For example, if I understand what character you're trying to type in, I
get the ç by hitting in sequence:  the right "Windows" key, the comma,
the c key.

Is that the technique that you're using?  Because there's, apparently, a
few different ways to type in these characters, and you might get the
answer from someone using the technique you're trying.  I had to play
with some keyboard options to set that up, and it was a bit of trial and
error before I got it to work.

I read messages from the public lists.