Re: Visor Question

On 8/26/05, Omar <alienonearth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I am tryint to sync my visor.  Never had a chance to do so, it used to work
> just fine with Mandrake 10.1.
> This is the message I get from the log
>  usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 12
> kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS: port 1, is for Generic use
> kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS: port 2, is for HotSync use
> kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS: Number of ports: 2
> Kernel: visor 4-2:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
> kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
> kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
>
> Now when I try using Kpilot, or Jpilot, and I tell it that the device is
> at /dev/ttyUSB0, or /dev/ttyUSB1 nothing happens.  I tried the gnome pilot
> wizard as well.
> Any and all help is appreciated, still new to FC3 but I love it..
>   Thanks is advance

These instructions have worked for many people:

http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=12096

There is also help at fedoranews.org, but I can't find that one right now.

For what it's worth, I had my Treo working very well in FC3 for a long
time, but something broke in May or June, and I can't get it to work
anymore. It looks like FC4 (which had the same issue, I think) is
being updated (see
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Update:_jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre9.fc4.1)

but no automated updates have helped me in FC3. I admit, though, that
I haven't been trying very hard to fix it.

--Matt