firewall problems

I am attempting to get my email server up and running. I am running fedora core 4. I have gotten my SMTP to work correctly. however my POP3 does not appear to get through the firewall. I did not have to punch a hole in the firewall myself for the SMTP, so I figured I would not need to for my pop. when I telnet localhost 110 I get in to my server but when I telnet in from another machine I do not get into my server. I assume this indicates a firewall problem however I do not know what I need to modify in order to fix this problem.

thanks in advance for any help