Re: cyrus vs UW imap

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 16:37 -0400, Anne Ramey wrote:
> I'm transferring from a non-fedora server where we were using UW for pop
> and imap, but cryus imap comes with fedora.  Is there a reason for
> this...is it particularly good?  Would a switch be simple?

----
dovecot is probably an easier, more familiar drop-in replacement for
those familiar with uw-imapd

cyrus-imapd is a full featured imap server which I have found to be a
real high performance machine but not without a small configuration
learning curve. cyrus-imapd is pretty much set up for virtual accounts,
virtual domains, ldap and other more robust features.

Good luck

Craig